Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

package signature verification failed

kim__taehoon
Beginner

Hi, 

I am trying to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows.

I downloaded an install file but ran into error if I click the file "installer" with the message "parallel studio xe Package signature verification failed". 

I believe I got a license correctly, checked it from certmgr.msc with the name AddTrust External CA Root. 

I am using Windows 10 64-bit operating system btw. 

Please help me get through this issue. 

Best,

Taehoon

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please click on Advanced in the countersignature's Details page and show that. In your certificate manager, do you have these entries?

Screenshot_11.jpg

If not, go to https://www.quovadisglobal.com/QVRepository/DownloadRootsAndCRL.aspx and install the Root CA, Root CA 2 and Root CA G3 certificates.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Try downloading the small "custom" installer that lets you download only the parts you need. Something corrupted the file when you downloaded. If you try the same file again, delete the old one and clear your browser cache.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I think "parallel studio xe Package signature verification failed".  means the file downloaded is corrupt/ complete

0 Kudos
kim__taehoon
Beginner

Thanks! Any suggestion? I tried to delete the older one and redo it again but did not work..

0 Kudos
kim__taehoon
Beginner

Thanks for reply! 

Unfortunately, it did not really work. 

I am attaching the error message I got. I also tried the older version but ran into same error. 

Now I am not quite sure if the certificate is successfully installed because I was not even asked to enter the serial number when installation process. I am also attaching a snapshot of "Digital signatures" from the installer file. It says "one of the countersignature is not valid". maybe relevant? 

Any idea? 

Best,

Taehoon 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The evidence suggests that there is something corrupting the download as or after it occurs. It might be interesting to try downloading on a different computer to a USB drive, check the digital signature at that time, and see if that installs.

Another thought that occurs to me is that your computer doesn't trust all of the certificate authorities. On the digital signature page, click on the countersignature and click Details, then in the new window, Advanced. It should look something like this:

Screenshot_10.jpg

Show us a screenshot of the Details page.

0 Kudos
kim__taehoon
Beginner

It looks like the it is related to the certificate authorities as you pointed out. Please see attached of the details page. 

I am also attaching a screenshot of Certificate "Add Trust External CA Root" just in case it may be of any help. 

Best,

Taehoon 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please click on Advanced in the countersignature's Details page and show that. In your certificate manager, do you have these entries?

Screenshot_11.jpg

If not, go to https://www.quovadisglobal.com/QVRepository/DownloadRootsAndCRL.aspx and install the Root CA, Root CA 2 and Root CA G3 certificates.

0 Kudos
kim__taehoon
Beginner

Apparently, there was no Root CA in a folder "Trusted Root Certification" so I downloaded it and imported. 

The thing is, it is saved in a different folder, "Intermediate Certification Authorities" even if I try selecting a folder manually as you can see from attached screenshots. 

Best,

Taehoon

0 Kudos
kim__taehoon
Beginner

Now I can proceed installation finally! 

Many thanks!

Taehoon

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Glad to hear it. What I read was that this CA should have been trusted by Windows, but perhaps there was an update you missed.

0 Kudos