Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

problem with w_psxecompf_2019.6.074 and VS 17 fails

Norman_K_
New Contributor I

Dear All

Yesterday I received notice of the update, w_psxecompf_2019.6.074 and installed it.  I can now create new Fortran projects but all old projects do not load.

On starting VS, I am told of an exception due to an extension but I cannot attach the activity log, (even after renaming .xml to .txt) so here is the final <entry> and the only <entry> that appears to report any error

<entry>
    <record>661</record>
    <time>2020/03/25 08:38:12.342</time>
    <type>Error</type>
    <source>Editor or Editor Extension</source>
    <description>System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Intel.CommonTools.CompilerReportProvider.UpdateCompilerToolWindows(EventKind event, Boolean showPane)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.UpdateAnnotationTags()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.OnLayoutChanged(Object sender, TextViewLayoutChangedEventArgs e)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args)&#x000D;&#x000A;--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Telemetry.WindowsErrorReporting.WatsonReport.GetClrWatsonExceptionInfo(Exception exceptionObject)</description>
  </entry>

Visual studio seems to be objecting to the .vfproj files and solution explorer reports each project as "incompatible"

I am running VS Enterprise 2017 version 15.9.16

Fully updated Windows 10 64 bit

On new projects, compiler reports "Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 19.0.8.324 [Intel(R) 64]..."

Please, please tell me I do not have to create new projects and solutions ab initio

Thanks in anticipation

Norman

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Uninstall PSXE and then reinstall it.

0 Kudos
Norman_K_
New Contributor I

Dear Dr Fortran (Ret.)

Thanks, yes, you pointed me in the right direction - to cut a tedious story short - uninstalling led me to notice that the update was for 19.0.xxx but I had already installed 19.1.xxx so I had installed an older version over the top of a newer version.  Perhaps I have been home/inside too long.

Thanks again, & trusting you are well,

Norman

0 Kudos