Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26730 Discussions

problem with w_psxecompf_2019.6.074 and VS 17 fails

Norman_K_
New Contributor I

Dear All

Yesterday I received notice of the update, w_psxecompf_2019.6.074 and installed it.  I can now create new Fortran projects but all old projects do not load.

On starting VS, I am told of an exception due to an extension but I cannot attach the activity log, (even after renaming .xml to .txt) so here is the final <entry> and the only <entry> that appears to report any error

<entry>
    <record>661</record>
    <time>2020/03/25 08:38:12.342</time>
    <type>Error</type>
    <source>Editor or Editor Extension</source>
    <description>System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Intel.CommonTools.CompilerReportProvider.UpdateCompilerToolWindows(EventKind event, Boolean showPane)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.UpdateAnnotationTags()&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.OnLayoutChanged(Object sender, TextViewLayoutChangedEventArgs e)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args)&#x000D;&#x000A;--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Telemetry.WindowsErrorReporting.WatsonReport.GetClrWatsonExceptionInfo(Exception exceptionObject)</description>
  </entry>

Visual studio seems to be objecting to the .vfproj files and solution explorer reports each project as "incompatible"

I am running VS Enterprise 2017 version 15.9.16

Fully updated Windows 10 64 bit

On new projects, compiler reports "Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 19.0.8.324 [Intel(R) 64]..."

Please, please tell me I do not have to create new projects and solutions ab initio

Thanks in anticipation

Norman

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Uninstall PSXE and then reinstall it.

Norman_K_
New Contributor I

Dear Dr Fortran (Ret.)

Thanks, yes, you pointed me in the right direction - to cut a tedious story short - uninstalling led me to notice that the update was for 19.0.xxx but I had already installed 19.1.xxx so I had installed an older version over the top of a newer version.  Perhaps I have been home/inside too long.

Thanks again, & trusting you are well,

Norman