Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

redistributable msi fails to run

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

A client is running w_fcompxe_redist_ia32_2013.5.198.msi and it is failing to install any files.  Any clues to what his problem could be?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Obvious possibilities would be lack of disk space and permissions.
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Any error messages? Does a newer one work?

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

The fellow is in France, and is a very capable computer user.  I sent him the msi file via a download from my own web server.  Here is what he said.

I have downloaded the msi file but I had the open option to run it. I did it but nothing is happening.

So I looked on the internet what could be the reason. It seems I had to use the command com to run it as administrator. I did it and still nothing. Whatever I do it looks like the msi file is not running.

I have not sent him a newer one because this is the one that is compatible with the IVF I am using.  I have held off on installing the newest IVF because of concerns over compatibility with visual studio.

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

By the way.  When I run the msi file myself in a standard user account without admin rights, I do not get prompted for an admin password when the msi file starts, but later while it is running I do get prompted, and the files are successfully installed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler\

0 Kudos