Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

redistributable msi fails to run

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

A client is running w_fcompxe_redist_ia32_2013.5.198.msi and it is failing to install any files.  Any clues to what his problem could be?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Black Belt
Obvious possibilities would be lack of disk space and permissions.
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Any error messages? Does a newer one work?

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

The fellow is in France, and is a very capable computer user.  I sent him the msi file via a download from my own web server.  Here is what he said.

I have downloaded the msi file but I had the open option to run it. I did it but nothing is happening.

So I looked on the internet what could be the reason. It seems I had to use the command com to run it as administrator. I did it and still nothing. Whatever I do it looks like the msi file is not running.

I have not sent him a newer one because this is the one that is compatible with the IVF I am using.  I have held off on installing the newest IVF because of concerns over compatibility with visual studio.

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

By the way.  When I run the msi file myself in a standard user account without admin rights, I do not get prompted for an admin password when the msi file starts, but later while it is running I do get prompted, and the files are successfully installed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler\