Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

serial code, rum time analysis

diedro
Beginner

Dear all,

I have written a serial code in Fortran with intel composer linux. I would like to analyse the time that the program in each subroutine. 

I know that I can use CALL CPU_TIME(time), but I would like to know if there is some tool to do that automatically.

I hope that I make me clear.

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

ifort options such as -profile-loops, -profile-functions

ifort and most other compilers support gprof.

Where did the marketing people miss you when advertising profilers like VTune, as well as open source tools such as oprofile>

0 Kudos
diedro
Beginner

Dear Tim,

thanks a lot.

I try to compile my code:

ifort -r8 -profile-loops-report=2  *.f90 -lmkl_blas95_lp64 -lmkl_lapack95_lp64 -mkl=sequential

This is what I have found in the documentation:

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/iss/2013/compiler/cpp-lin/GUID-96F454BF-364A-40C9-9B55-BFFAA8FD171D.htm

however, I am not able to get the output file.

Do I have to run the executable file with some options? The documentation seems to be not so clear.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I guess the comments in that reference about where to find the output files may not apply to current compiler versions.  There may be a subdirectory created which contains outputs.

The full compiler documentation states that profile-loops-report will not work without profile-loops.

0 Kudos