Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
498 Discussions

Can Intel Graphics Control Library (IGCL) monitor Energy on external Graphics like Nvidia ?

euleramon
Novice

Hello @sentientSpark_Intel ,
Thank you for the help last time in the thread.

I have a following simple question. In addition to the Intel Graphics, does IGCL also support to monitor Energy (in Joule) on external GPU Graphics , like Nvidia ? If yes,  is the retrieved value trusted ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michele123
Beginner

Hello,

@euleramon wrote:

I have a following simple question. In addition to the Intel Graphics, does IGCL also support to monitor Energy (in Joule) on external GPU Graphics , like Nvidia ? If yes,  is the retrieved value trusted ?

No, Intel Graphics Control Library (IGCL) cannot monitor energy consumption on external graphics cards like Nvidia.

IGCL is specifically designed to interact with Intel integrated graphics and doesn't have the capability to access data from external GPUs.

To monitor energy consumption on an Nvidia GPU, you'll need to use NVIDIA's proprietary APIs or tools, or leverage system-level power monitoring utilities provided by the operating system.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
michele123
Beginner

Hello,

@euleramon wrote:

No, Intel Graphics Control Library (IGCL) cannot monitor energy consumption on external graphics cards like Nvidia.

IGCL is specifically designed to interact with Intel integrated graphics and doesn't have the capability to access data from external GPUs.

To monitor energy consumption on an Nvidia GPU, you'll need to use NVIDIA's proprietary APIs or tools, or leverage system-level power monitoring utilities provided by the operating system.

sentientSpark_Intel

Hi @euleramon, your welcome! And I'm glad michele123 was able to answer your question. Thanks @michele123 !

Cheers!