Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
488 Discussions

Fail to connect the System Analyzer using the Graphics Monitor on Windows

henrika
Beginner

I am trying to follow the steps in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/gpa-getting-started/top/system-analysis.html and specified the application path to my Google Chrome application on Windows. Chrome uses DirectX 11.

I can run/start Chrome by clicking Start but then fail to connect the System Analyzer since the Graphics Monitor does not display any icon for the System Analyzer. I can only see the icon below and it keeps spinning forever. 

chrome.png

Things work if I instead start the sample application gpasample.exe.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

Henrika,

Here's what I found on Chrome:

Native Client applications use the OpenGL ES 2.0 API for 3D rendering. 

GPA does not support OpenGL ES.

Pamela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
henrika
Beginner

I also tried using the GPA Framework instead from command line but it also fails and hangs in 

[GPA] I 5148 Waiting for injector to exit...

@Pamela_H_Intel can you attach your tools to Chrome, add HUD and attach the System Analyzer to all Chrome PIDs? 

chrome.png

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Henrika,

Here's what I found on Chrome:

Native Client applications use the OpenGL ES 2.0 API for 3D rendering. 

GPA does not support OpenGL ES.

Pamela

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Unless you have some version of Chrome of which I am unaware, GPA does not support the Graphics APIs that Chrome uses.

0 Kudos
henrika
Beginner

I am using standard Chrome. Chrome uses many different graphics APIs; OpenGL is just one of them and it should afaik not be triggered when starting a clean Chrome instance.  It would still be nice with some sort of message informing about the lack of support instead of GPA just hanging as is the case today.

0 Kudos