Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
488 Discussions

Frame Analyzer - can't handle retina screen on OSX + multiple screen problem on OSX

Olof_H_
Beginner

I just tried the Frame Analyzer that came with the INDE sdk for android dev.

The analyzing part seems to work fine, but unfortunately there are issues with the resolution.

If I run it on my laptop screen (set at "more space" in display settings) the analyzer only shows on about 1/3 of the screen.

If I try run it on my external screen (a normal 1920x1080 screen) it only shows on 1/4 of the screen

It starts up covering the full screen, but as soon as I switch spaces back and forth, it shows on only part of the screen.

Seems like somewhere in the code someone forgot to check the back buffer resolution and uses the point resolution instead.

It would also be nice if you followed UI guidelines and made the fullscreen mode user selectable. If it were, I would probably be able to bypass the problem by not running in fullscreen.

I'm a bit new in the Intel ecosystem, is there a proper place to report bugs like this, or am I supposed to post about it here?

Cheers,

Olof

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Olof, 

Sorry that you are having this issue.  Thanks for the detailed information regarding the bug.  This is the right place to go to for GPA bugs.   

I'll file the defect for the developers to fix this issue. What OS are  you using on each of your systems?

Also, the FA for OGL in INDE is a bit dated now.   We made many fixes since the 2015 R2 release.  You can download the newest version of GPA from our website.  I am unsure if it will fix your issue, but it's worth a shot.  

Best,

Seth

0 Kudos
Olof_H_
Beginner

Hi Seth,

I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.3, and it is a Late 2013 Macbook pro (retina screen)

The external monitor problem is when connected to the macbook.

I figured out how to make it windowed, which does fix the problem, I can then resize my window to cover the full screen and it all works as expected.

Thanks for the tip on a newer version, I'll definitely try that out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Olof

0 Kudos
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the info Olof,  I'll let you know when we have a fix or can't reproduce it for some reason.  

Cheers!

Seth

0 Kudos
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Just to finish up this thread, this issue was fixed in the GPA 2015 R3 release.  

Best,

Seth

0 Kudos