Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

GPA: Can it be used stand-alone or with previous versions of MS Visual Studio?

MPere15
Novice

Hello,

We would like to test and analyze a DirectX 9 project using current Intel GPA.

The problem is that the project was developed with MS Visual Studio 2008, and we are having some troubles migrating the project to newer Visual Studio versions.

Will we still be able to install and use GPA? Or just simply INDE will not install and therefore GPA will not be available? Is there an standalone version of GPA as there was before?

Many thanks for your answers,

Manuel Perez de Lema Lopez

MPL3D Team

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Manuel, 

Thank you for your interest in Intel GPA.  Actually, GPA is a fully featured standalone tool.  We don't have any dependencies on VS, so your VS2008 project will be just fine.  Just build in release mode, analyze the application with graphics monitor, and start analyzing.  

You can download the GPA standalone here

We have a great getting started guide that will help you with the basic workflows of analyzing your DirectX applications. 

As always, feel free to post in the forum with any questions you might have. 

Cheers!

Seth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Manuel, 

Thank you for your interest in Intel GPA.  Actually, GPA is a fully featured standalone tool.  We don't have any dependencies on VS, so your VS2008 project will be just fine.  Just build in release mode, analyze the application with graphics monitor, and start analyzing.  

You can download the GPA standalone here

We have a great getting started guide that will help you with the basic workflows of analyzing your DirectX applications. 

As always, feel free to post in the forum with any questions you might have. 

Cheers!

Seth

0 Kudos
MPere15
Novice

Hi Seth,

Many thanks for the info and the download link (I was not able to find it and I thought that GPA only came with INDE).

I just started testings and everything seems to run smooth by now.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Manuel

0 Kudos
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Manuel,

Great!  Let me know if you have any questions.   

We are distributed as both part of INDE and standalone.   At the moment, the standalone version is slightly more updated then the INDE version, so I would recommend keeping with the standalone. 

Cheers!

Seth

0 Kudos