Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

How get value of "GPU load" for Intel HD-Graphics? (Windows 10)

v__abdyla
Beginner

I'm trying to find the code for get value of "GPU load" for Intel HD-Graphics. On Linux we can use tool "intel-gpu-tools". For Windows we can use "Intel(R) Metrics Framework API" but I did not find there how to do it. For example, program "GPU-Z" can get this, but how?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Abdyla,

Thank you for reaching out for support on using Intel® GPA! We do not offer a metric called "GPU Load" within our tool, but we do have a metric called "GPU Busy", this essentially tells you how busy the GPU is at any given time. From looking at documentation, GPU Load is a calculated value using other metrics: 

Includes a GPU load test to verify PCI-Express lane configuration

0 Kudos
v__abdyla
Beginner
Could you show me where to look? since I have not found anything about "GPU Busy" for Windows.
As I understand it, you mean the copying of the texture 2x2 on PCI-Express bus? And based on the operation time of this operation, we can calculate how busy the GPU?
0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Abdyla,

You can find these metrics in either System Analyzer or Frame Analyzer (both in the metrics portions of the tool). Mind you, this forum is specifically for Intel® GPA support. If you need to know how to access these metrics outside of Intel® GPA, this would not be the best place to find those details. I can find someone that would be better suited to answer this question if you're looking to access this metric outside of the tool.

I am not sure how GPU Busy is calculated, the quote I grabbed (from documentation) was for GPU Load, which is specific to GPU-Z.

0 Kudos
v__abdyla
Beginner

Giselle G.,

I need code, I try to search in different Intel SDK, but so far no results. If you can get me with the right people - I will be grateful!

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Abdyla,

Documentation for the Metrics Discovery API (which shows GPU Busy) can be found on Github. You can also contact them for additional support through the Github page (under issues). This will be your best bet in regard to grabbing those metrics. The Metrics Framework forum support and articles have been taking off the IDZ website, I will confirm its support and report back with more information.

0 Kudos