Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
659 Discussions

Compilation Failed For s10gx: Couldn't open hotspot.aocx.tmp: Permission denied Error: Can't save value into package file: 'pkg_editor value.txt set .acl.version value.txt' failed

SDesh12
Beginner

I'm trying to compile the design for s10gx on Quartus Prime 19.1 and Opencl sdk 19.1

The emulation works successfully. But when I am trying to compile the design for s10gx I get and error:

Couldn't open c:/intelFPGA_pro/Examples/1.hotspot/bin/hotspot.aocx.tmp: Permission denied

Error: Can't save value into package file: 'pkg_editor c:/intelFPGA_pro/Examples/1.hotspot/bin/hotspot/value.txt set .acl.version c:/intelFPGA_pro/Examples/1.hotspot/bin/hotspot/value.txt' failed

I have attached a screnshot too.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
11 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

aoc does not have permission to write to your target folder. Either change the permission of the target folder so that it is writable by "Everyone", or run your command prompt as admin. I mentioned both cases also in the other thread:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyTqHSAU/aoclclang-exists-but-is-not-working?language=en_US

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks HRZ for the guidance.

Hi SDesh12,

Please try the recommendation by HRZ and feel free to let us know the progress. Thank you.

0 Kudos
SDesh12
Beginner

Hey HRZ,

I'm running the commands using the admin cmd prompt. I also checked the permission of my target folder, it is set to "Everyone".

But the error regarding the permission is not solved.

The compilation is completed successfully while emulation but not for s10gx.

Do you have any other solutions?

0 Kudos
Hiroto_K_Intel
Employee

Hello, SDesh12,

Was your issue resolved following HRZ's suggestion which is excluding "." in the path ?

If not, please let me know.​

0 Kudos
SDesh12
Beginner

No. But changing the permissions to "Everyone" for that folder and all sub-folders cleared this error.

But now I'm getting a different error:

Error (37028): Cannot generate Atom Netlist File because family Stratix 10 is not installed

Error (37003): Can't generate Atom Netlist File for device family Stratix 10

Error (16546): Cannot load final database - ensure all earlier stages of the compiler have completed.

Error (37028): Cannot generate Atom Netlist File because family Stratix 10 is not installed

Error (37003): Can't generate Atom Netlist File for device family Stratix 10

Error (17941): The design could not be loaded due to errors.

Error: design::import_design -file base.qdb -overwrite failed!

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script c:/intelfpga_pro/19.1/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qatm_import_design.tcl unsuccessful

Error: Quartus Prime Compiler Database Interface was unsuccessful. 8 errors, 0 warnings

Error (23035): Tcl error:

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script compile_script.tcl unsuccessful

Error: Quartus Prime Compiler Database Interface was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings

Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

-I have installed the drivers successfully, still the compiler cannot recognize the S10 packages.

Any solutions? @HRZ​ 

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

You probably haven't installed the device support for Startix 10 in Quartus (independent of the OpenCL SDK). If you downloaded the full Quartus package, you should have all the device support files and you must have gotten an option during installation as to which device support to install. If you downloaded the separate packages, then you should download and install the Stratix 10 device support manually.

0 Kudos
SDesh12
Beginner

Yes!

I opened quartus GUI to check if Stratix is properly installed, the GUI doesn't show Startix 10 as an option in the device family option.

I uninstalled Startix 10 and Arria 10 and only installed Startix 10 using device installer. But when I open Quartus it gives me a missing licence for Stratix 10 window.

And then I installed Arria 10 again and only Arria 10 shows up in the GUI.

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

I have never installed the device support manually but if you need both Startix 10 and Arria 10, it is probably best to install both at the same time. And indeed Stratix 10 likely requires a separate license. You should consult with your board manufacturer/license provider to obtain a license.

0 Kudos
Hiroto_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As far as seeing error massages, the Stratix 10 Package isn't just installed because of some reasons.

I don't think this error message has license issue.

Could you like to try to remove all packages and re-install fully packages ?

If Quartus ask you to give a license again , could you like to share some screenshots or log files ?

0 Kudos
SDesh12
Beginner

Hey,

The error was solved.

The license file was not imported in tools -> license setup

I just had to import it explicitly and it worked!

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Maybe the compiler does not accept paths with a "." in them? I recommend disabling UAC and targeting a drive other than C with a simple path that does not include any special characters.

0 Kudos