Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Convert Xilinx Carry4 to Intel Carry

rohith1
Novice

I have a project that uses the Xilinx carry4 primitive and I need to convert it for use in an intel board. What is the intel carry architecture? how can the carry4 be converted?

I am a university student trying to create a TDC and I am new to Quartus. Id appreciate any help.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi,

Do you mind to share us the design? I will try to convert it for you.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

you can archive your design in latest version vivado and send it to us

0 Kudos
rohith1
Novice

Attached is the file. The issue is that Xilinx has a carry4 primitive while intels carry sum is 2 input. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Sorry, I will need sometime to work on this. Will get back to you by end of next week.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Added back converted logic for you. Kindly take a look.

0 Kudos
rohith1
Novice

Hey, thank you so much. I'm new to VHDL so I'm afraid I have some basic questions. First work.vhd_prim doest seem to compile. Work does not contain primary unit vhd_prim comes up. Second, when those lines are removed I get an error saying carry4 is used but not declared. What changes did you implement? Thank you so much for you help.

Rohith

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Are you using Quartus pro edition. the changes that we made are base on that.

Those are library exist inside Quartus Prime

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any update?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos