Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Cyclone IV SEU Radiation Level

nchill22
Beginner

We are trying to determine what level of radiation would cause an SEU on the Cyclone IV (EP4CE6E22C8).  I was wondering if anyone happened to know, or have some documentation, that would be able to help us determine this level of radiation.  Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Nchilli,

Sorry for being late, i was checking with internal team about this. Sorry we do not have the information for the radiation level.

Thank You

Regards,

bruce

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Well, you may use the CRC error detection feature available for cyclone IV. For more information, please refer to link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-iv/cyiv-51009.pdf

nchill22
Beginner

Thank you for a quick response! Is there a specific level of radiation that triggers the SEU for the Cyclone IV?  I read through the document and did not notice any mention about the radiation level that triggers the SEU.  We are looking to do testing inside a radiation chamber and want to know at what level the SEU will be triggered.  Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns!  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Nchilli,

Sorry for being late, i was checking with internal team about this. Sorry we do not have the information for the radiation level.

Thank You

Regards,

bruce