Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

I am facing "**ERROR**: PR incompatible bitstream error detected" error when I try to program the bitstream I compiled for the hello world example with OpenCL on my new Intel PAC(pac_a10). But, I can program the hello-world.aocx provided by Intel.

MEghb
Beginner

I am trying to set up the OpenCL compilation for my Intel Programmable Acceleration Card. I installed the board and the acceleration software stack provided by Intel. I was able to program the board with the hello_world.aocx and vector_add.aocx bitstream provided in the installation folder and everything was fine. However, when I tried to compile the same hello_world kernel for my board, I got the following error when I tried to program the board with the .aocx file generated after I compiled the code with OpenCL myself. 

libopae-c reconf.c:427:fpgaReconfigureSlot() **ERROR** : Failed to reconfigure bitstream: Input/output error

libopae-c reconf.c:450:fpgaReconfigureSlot() **ERROR** : PR incompatible bitstream error detected

Error writing bitstream to FPGA: reconfiguration error

Error programming device

Also, I checked the quartus_sh_compile.log and noticed the following error despite the fact the OpenCL finished compilation and generated the .aocx file. 

Critical Warning (125091): Tcl error: couldn't read file "a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf": no such file or directory

while executing

"source a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf"

(file "afu_ip_gt.qsf" line 61)

Error (125080): Can't open project -- Quartus Prime Settings File contains one or more errors

Error (23035): Tcl error: ERROR: You must open a project before you can use this command.

while executing

"set_global_assignment -name SEARCH_PATH $CCIP_AVMM_SRC/hw/rtl"

(file "./BBB_ccip_avmm/hw/par/ccip_avmm_addenda.qsf" line 14)

invoked from within

"source "$CCIP_AVMM_SRC/hw/par/ccip_avmm_addenda.qsf""

(procedure "add_bbb_assignments" line 4)

invoked from within

"add_bbb_assignments"

(file "add_bbb_to_pr_project.tcl" line 30)

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script add_bbb_to_pr_project.tcl unsuccessful

I am using the latest version of Intel Acceleration Stack, OpenCL on Ubuntu 18.04, and I also tried it on another system with rhel7.8 and the issue was same both of the times.  

I appreciate it if anybody could help me with this issue. 

Thanks, 

Mostafa

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Based on the quartus_sh_compile.log file with error shown:

Critical Warning (125091): Tcl error: couldn't read file "a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf": no such file or directory

while executing

"source a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf"

(file "afu_ip_gt.qsf" line 61)

Ir seems like the a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf could not be found. Could you try to locate this file?

If this file is generated, you might be have path problem and you have to make sure the file in the path.

If the file is not generated, you have to make sure you are using the correct version of Python as this file generated by a Python script.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEghb
Beginner

Thanks for you response.

I couldnt find the file, neither on the path that I was compiling my code, nor in the path that inteldevstack folder exist. I am using python 2.7.17 as my python and python 3.6.9 as my python3.

Could you please let me know if the problem is the version of python or any other way to find a solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

According to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rn/rn-ias-a10-pac.pdf shown that PACSign tool requires Python 3.0 and OPAE tools require Python 2.7.

Could you try the steps below:

1. Locate a10_rc_ocl_hpr_floorplan.py file to Intel PAC Arria 10 OpenCL BSP folder.

2. Run the a10_rc_ocl_hpr_floorplan.py file and arguments point to require files in an project to to generate a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf.

3. Copy the a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf file to porject folder and Compilation on the OpenCL project. Make sure the a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf file is called/source from file afu_ip_gt.qsf,file afu_ip_gt.qsf. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEghb
Beginner

Hi,

I did as you guided and it generated the a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf file. Should I compile the project again with this file generated in the compilation folder?

Also, I guess there should be some way to avoid to do this step on each compilation. Shouldn't this file generated by default?

Mostafa,

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You have to compile the project again with this file generated in compilation folder to ensure there is no error: "Critical Warning (125091): Tcl error: couldn't read file "a10_hpr_floorplan.qsf": no such file or directory" shown in .log file.

For the question: "Also, I guess there should be some way to avoid to do this step on each compilation. Shouldn't this file generated by default?"

This steps should not required and I am checking information internally with developer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Upon checking with developer stated that this error in the log can be ignore.

Thanks  

0 Kudos