Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Intel Quartus prime Ⅱ for students

SA14
Beginner

I have a question about Quartus Prime for students.

I'm now a grad student .

I'd like to use Quartus prime PRO version for improvement of my fpga skills .

I know that I can download LITE version in free of charge without licenses.

As for PRO version, Can't I use PRO version in free of charge even if I'm a student?

If there is a something method for free PRO version, please let me know how to access the download page and how to get the license.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

You should ask your supervisor to join Intel FPGA Academic Program. That way you might be able to get access to free licenses:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/topic-technology/fpga-academic/overview.html

0 Kudos
SA14
Beginner

@HRZ 

Thank you for replying.

I will ask my supervisor to join Intel FPGA Academic Program and ask about free licenses.

Do licenses allow me and other students in the supervisor's Lab to access  Quartus prime PRO version ? 

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Unless Intel's policy has changed, yes. You will get access to a floating license and you can choose the number of seats you will need, which will allow as many machines as you have got seats for in the license to access and use the license at the same time. The license will need to be installed on a central server and all machines need to check-out the license from there.

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi ,

I’m glad that your issue has been resolved. I'll now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ean

0 Kudos