Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Question on the new features of OpenCLSDK v20.1

DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

Hi, I have recently noticed that in SDK v20.1 it is that the following new feature is available:

"Enabled stall enable clusters pragma to reduce local memory usage by removing FIFO instantiations and latency between functions."

111.PNG

however, I could not find corresponding instructions in the manual.

Has anyone tried this new feature yet ? What pragma should I use ?

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It seems like there is a documentation problem as there is no information for this feature. I had reported to developer to check on this problem.

You could able to apply this feature by using __attribute__((stall_enable)) to a kernel, then the compiler should only create stall-enable clusters in that kernel.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

I had checked the document on the "stall_enable" fucntion and I am not able to find the information for this function.

I am checking the information internally "Enabled stall enable clusters pragma to reduce local memory usage by removing FIFO instantiations and latency between functions". 

For your information, I am able to find information with HLS reference manual guide in page 148: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/hls/mnl-hls-reference.pdf

by using the syntax "hls_use_stall_enable_clusters"

Thanks

0 Kudos
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

How do I enable this feature in OpenCL kernel code rather than HLS ? which pragma should I use ?

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It seems like there is a documentation problem as there is no information for this feature. I had reported to developer to check on this problem.

You could able to apply this feature by using __attribute__((stall_enable)) to a kernel, then the compiler should only create stall-enable clusters in that kernel.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am glad that the information provided can give help to you.

Thanks

0 Kudos