Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
541 Discussions

Question on the new features of OpenCLSDK v20.1

DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

Hi, I have recently noticed that in SDK v20.1 it is that the following new feature is available:

"Enabled stall enable clusters pragma to reduce local memory usage by removing FIFO instantiations and latency between functions."

111.PNG

however, I could not find corresponding instructions in the manual.

Has anyone tried this new feature yet ? What pragma should I use ?

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It seems like there is a documentation problem as there is no information for this feature. I had reported to developer to check on this problem.

You could able to apply this feature by using __attribute__((stall_enable)) to a kernel, then the compiler should only create stall-enable clusters in that kernel.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

I had checked the document on the "stall_enable" fucntion and I am not able to find the information for this function.

I am checking the information internally "Enabled stall enable clusters pragma to reduce local memory usage by removing FIFO instantiations and latency between functions". 

For your information, I am able to find information with HLS reference manual guide in page 148: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/hls/mnl-hls-reference.pd...

by using the syntax "hls_use_stall_enable_clusters"

Thanks

DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

How do I enable this feature in OpenCL kernel code rather than HLS ? which pragma should I use ?

MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It seems like there is a documentation problem as there is no information for this feature. I had reported to developer to check on this problem.

You could able to apply this feature by using __attribute__((stall_enable)) to a kernel, then the compiler should only create stall-enable clusters in that kernel.

Thanks

DongWang-BJTU
New Contributor I
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am glad that the information provided can give help to you.

Thanks