Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Trying to use Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications

First
Beginner

Hello. I'm trying to follow the steps in this guide Get Started with Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications 2019 on Windows* OS.

I'm at step 4, but the Intel Code Builder for OpenCL API option does not appear in the Tools menu. I'm not using Visual Studio 2017, but Visual Studio 2019, could that be an issue?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @First,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Per my understanding Intel Code Builder that comes with Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL packages needs Java SE version 1.8.71 or later to run.
Please do check if your environment are installed with the mention java version.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
First
Beginner

Hey.

How do I check if my environment is installed with Java SE version 1.8.71 or later?

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @First,

Apologies for the delay in response, to check your java version in the environment you may refer to the steps here which I think it should help.
Once confirming the version and to get the correct version, the oracle website should be help.
Please do let us know if that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
First
Beginner

Hey. I tried following the instructions on the first link you sent. However, my terminal returns:

'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

when I enter javac -versionjava is also not recognized as a command, program or batch file. Is there some other means I could use to figure out if my environment is installed with Java SE version 1.8.71 or later?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
fostercarly
Beginner

'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Windows OS searches the current directory and the directories listed in the PATH environment variable for executable programs. JDK's programs (such as Java compiler javac.exe and Java runtime java.exe) reside in directory "\bin" (where denotes the JDK installed directory, e.g., C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xx). You need to include the "\bin" directory in the Java Path.

• First make sure you have installed jdk and jre, both are installed with the java software development kit. The installation folder is typically C:\Program Files\Java.
  • Now go to Computer > Properties > Advanced system settings in the advanced tab click on Environment Variables
  • In System variables find the variable named Path, in the value of Path you will find a java path like C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath, just change it to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.x.x_x\bin.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @First,

Greetings, unfortunately as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos