Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Which versions of Quartus Intel Oneapi dpcpp are compatible?

Penteado__Mauricio

Hi folks,

In the Intel Oneapi dpcpp compiler release notes, it is described:

"Added support for using the FPGA Custom Platforms with multiple Intel® Quartus® Prime software versions."

So, can someone please describe which versions of Quartus this release note refer to?

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Sorry for the late reply,

I am in the progress on checking this for you since last week. Will get back to you once I had the answer.

0 Kudos
Alby
Employee

Hi there, custom platforms have support with Intel® Quartus® Prime software version 19.4 or Intel® Quartus® Prime software version 20.2. 

You can download the FPGA addon for custom platforms for either version from Base Toolkit Install page. 

0 Kudos
Penteado__Mauricio
Hi, it is too generical.
I cannot accept your answer.
It seems that OneApi dpcpp is only accepted by Quartus Professional.
In other words, it seems that I cannot work with cards of the Standard version.
Only the version number is not enough to me. What is the supported version names: Light, Standard or Professional?
0 Kudos
Alby
Employee

Hi there, the FPGA Addons for oneAPI use Quartus Professional. You can download the FPGA Addon for Custom Platforms from the Base Toolkit download page, which will include the relevant Quartus versions inside. 

0 Kudos
Penteado__Mauricio
Hi Alby, thank you for your answer.
I installed the FPGA Addon for custom platforms, but it automatically added the Quartus Professional to my system.
Does it mean that only cards of the Quartus Professional are supported by the dpcpp compiler when using OneAPI?
Is there a FPGA addon for custom platforms with Quartus Standard ?
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

thanks Alby,

Since this thread had been answered, we shall close this thread. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to post a response within 15days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. 

0 Kudos