Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™

axi interface in hls

mahender
Novice

How can i use axi interface in hls codes.i can able to use avalon stream and memory avalon memory mapped interfaces but not axi stream and axi lite.

please help me how to use axi in hls.

thanks in advance...! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @mahender,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
For your query on AXI interface, currently there are no support in HLS for using AXI interface directly.
We would recommend to use the AXO adapter that are avaialble as part of the IP catalog.

For that you can refer to the steps and guide here for memory mapped here, or for streaming you can use your own RTL adapter.
Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @mahender,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
For your query on AXI interface, currently there are no support in HLS for using AXI interface directly.
We would recommend to use the AXO adapter that are avaialble as part of the IP catalog.

For that you can refer to the steps and guide here for memory mapped here, or for streaming you can use your own RTL adapter.
Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

mahender
Novice

@BoonBengT_Intel How can  i remove component interface in hls code.I am getting default signals like busy,call etc, signals by default.In xilinx hls we are having ap_cntrl_none to disable that but how to do that in intel hls.It is taking more resources.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @mahender,

Apologies for the delayed in response, if I understand correctly your question.
Yes you can explicitly customize the mm master interface, more details can be found here.
Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @mahender,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @mahender,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are resolved. Hence thread will no longer be monitored. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos