Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

error in compiling with -fast-compile option on pac_s10_dc

beiwang2003
Beginner

I am compiling the vector_add.cl example on board pac_s10_dc. However, I've received the following error message: Error: Could not open afu_opencl_kernel.fit.rpt for reading.

This is similar to the earlier post at https://community.intel.com/t5/Application-Acceleration-With/The-option-of-aoc-17-1-1-quot-fast-compile-quot-cannot-work-well/td-p/650134

I am wondering if -fast-compile option is not supported on pac_s10_dc board. 

Here is my compiling env

export QUARTUS_HOME=/opt/intelFPGA_pro/quartus_19.2.0b57/quartus

export OPAE_PLATFORM_ROOT=/opt/intel/fpga-d5005/inteldevstack/d5005_ias_2_0_1_b237

export AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT=/opt/intel/fpga-d5005/inteldevstack/d5005_ias_2_0_1_b237/opencl/opencl_bsp

$OPAE_PLATFORM_ROOT/bin is in PATH already

export INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT=/opt/intelFPGA_pro/quartus_19.2.0b57/hld

export ALTERAOCLSDKROOT=/opt/intelFPGA_pro/quartus_19.2.0b57/hld

$QUARTUS_HOME/bin is in PATH already

source /opt/intelFPGA_pro/quartus_19.2.0b57/hld/init_opencl.sh

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Fast Compile is supported, and the command looks OK. “-fast-compile” but is only used for functional verification, not for creating FPGA images used for performance testing. If they are looking to test these images to obtain performance numbers, please have them remove the flag.

Fast Compile feature could be used for creating FPGA image in other FPGA cards(NOT include PAC).

You may check following URL about Fast Compile.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/aocl_programming_guide.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos