Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

gdb on FGPA DevCloud

Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I'm using the FPGA DevCloud, more specifically, the Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming with Development Stack 1.2.1.  I need debugging tools like gdb, but unfortunately, it does not seem that gdb is installed. 

Could you install the debugging tools? 

Thanks!

Hongbo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Don't bother.  I just found that there is a specialized gdb already installed on FPGA DevCloud. To use it:

source  /glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/bin/debuggervars.sh

/glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/gdb/intel64/bin/gdb-ia  ….

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Hongbo,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As checking your query, we noticed that your issue is related to FPGA Devcloud. We have a dedicated forum to handle those specific issues in FPGA Devcloud, so we are moving this query to FPGA forum for a faster response.

Regards,

Chithra

Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Thanks, Chithra! I am blocked by an issue due to the lacking of gdb on FPGA DevCloud. If someone can quickly install the toolset, that would be great.

Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Don't bother.  I just found that there is a specialized gdb already installed on FPGA DevCloud. To use it:

source  /glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/bin/debuggervars.sh

/glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/gdb/intel64/bin/gdb-ia  ….