Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™

gdb on FGPA DevCloud

Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I'm using the FPGA DevCloud, more specifically, the Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming with Development Stack 1.2.1.  I need debugging tools like gdb, but unfortunately, it does not seem that gdb is installed. 

Could you install the debugging tools? 

Thanks!

Hongbo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Don't bother.  I just found that there is a specialized gdb already installed on FPGA DevCloud. To use it:

source  /glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/bin/debuggervars.sh

/glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/gdb/intel64/bin/gdb-ia  ….

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Hongbo,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As checking your query, we noticed that your issue is related to FPGA Devcloud. We have a dedicated forum to handle those specific issues in FPGA Devcloud, so we are moving this query to FPGA forum for a faster response.

Regards,

Chithra

0 Kudos
Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Thanks, Chithra! I am blocked by an issue due to the lacking of gdb on FPGA DevCloud. If someone can quickly install the toolset, that would be great.

0 Kudos
Hongbo_R_Intel
Employee

Don't bother.  I just found that there is a specialized gdb already installed on FPGA DevCloud. To use it:

source  /glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/bin/debuggervars.sh

/glob/development-tools/versions/intel-parallel-studio-2019/debugger_2019/gdb/intel64/bin/gdb-ia  ….

0 Kudos