Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

vblendmps vblendmpd not in opcode maps 0F 38

PFaut2
Beginner

Hi,

Last documentation (Order Number:325383-070US May 2019) : In the alphabetical list of instructions, we find VBLENDMPS and VBLENDMPD encoded with OF 38 65 (with EVEX prefix) but in the opcodes map Table A-4. Three-byte Opcode Map: 00H — F7H (First Two Bytes are 0F 38H), There is nothing on the line 6, column 5.

Tell me if it is not necessary to report typos in the opcodes maps. My original idea was to use only opcodes maps to identify instructions.

(I just modified this post because I made a confusion at first report)

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkC_Intel

Hi. Thanks. There is no need to report issues with the SDM opcode map (and don't look at Appendix B either for that matter). The SDM opcode map has not been updated in a long time.  I created on a pretty simple online replacement (based on Intel XED) but it is pretty rudimentary. We use it internally, but I was reluctant to release it externally because I was not totally happy with how it looks.  

0 Kudos
PFaut2
Beginner

ok thanks for your answer. So, I will only look at instructions list in the future. Is there any complete instructions list we can exploit in an automatic way such as csv, json or xml format ? Extracting instructions from PDF doc is not so easy and not very clean.

Regards,

0 Kudos