Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Black screen with H264 Ipp codec

candice_s
Beginner
Hi,
I have been trying to set up a video conference using H264 IPP codec based on Opal libraries. However, while on my computer i can see both videos (mine and that of the party i call), the called party only sees a black screen where it is supposed to see my video.
Does anybody knows why this would be happening? It only happens with H264 (H263 and H261 work fine).

Thank you! I really need this solved the most rapidly possible!

Candice
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Candice,

Currently such information looks very limited to root the problem. Possibly you can dump the stream fed into the decoder, and decoded YUV data, and check if they are correct. If they look fine, the problem may be possibly related to the render.

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos
candice_s
Beginner
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. However I am still lost at what I need to do. I am new to all of this, but need to get it done.

How can I test if the encoder is working properly? When building the samples, the simple_player application does not get built, so I am not sure how I can test if the streams are being encoded properly. Is there way to do this?

Thanks againg!
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Candice,

Can you clarify if it is an "encoder" problem or a "decoder" problem? simple_player is a decoder application.

For the problem on failing to build simple_player application, you can post the error message here. Check the readme file at the sample code to learn how to get the error message.

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos
candice_s
Beginner
Since the video stream received is being decoded properly but the video stream sent is visualized as a black screen, I am guessing that the problem comes from the encoding part. I was wondering how to test if the encoding is being done properly. Is there a way to test this part?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

Can the encoded video stream be dump out ( writingthe encoded bitstream into the one file). You can check with simpleplayer, or post here. we can have a look.

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos