Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Dummies guide to ipp & VB.Net please

stevewidg
Beginner
Hello, Ive just downloaded the demo and samples of IPP and tried to make the sample for vb.net using vbexpress 2008.
Please forgive the stupidity of my question, but is this compatible with IPP.
Is there a SIMPLE example of a VB project that can be run from the VB IDE ( i.e. not .vb files with a makefile)
Many thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Ajay_N_
Beginner
Let me add ! Even I am newbie with IPP and wish to use its functions with Visual C# 2008 , are there any wrappers avalable or any other solution to work with IPP and C# ?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

we provide build system (based on makefile) for IPP samples. Do you have any build issues with VB .NET IPP sample?

Please take a look on language-interface folder in IPP sample package. It contains .NET, Java, Fortran and Delphi wrappers for IPP.

You also might want to take a look on DMIP (deferred mode image processing) sample in IPP 6.0 beta which provide C# interface on higher level than just on each IPP function.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Ajay_N_
Beginner
Thank you For the Reply !

Actually as I said, I am very very new to IPP. Infact I am trying to get acquainted with its functionalities. Can you make it a little simple for me ?

Can I directly use IPP with Visual C# 2008 ? If so are there any ready available wrappers or does it come with .Net support ?

Thank you !

Ajay
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello Ajay,

just as I've said in previous post, please take a look on language-interface folder in IPP sample package. It contains .NET, Java, Fortran and Delphi wrappers for IPP. That is what we have in IPP for wrappers to other languages. You can use it as is, you can extend it and you can write your own andprobably much better wrappers.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Ajay_N_
Beginner
Thank you again !

Yeah I did go through the .NET VB wrapper. My application is in C# so I assume this wrapper cannot be used. If no such direct wrapper exist for C# can you give me any start up on how to convert the VB wrappers to C# wrappers !

Thank you for showing patience !

Ajay Nair
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Ajay,

could you pleasedo the next step and take a look into neighour folder, dotnet-cpp?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Ajay_N_
Beginner
Thank you Sir , I thought CPP had something to do with VC++. I guess the documentation would contain on how exactly to use the wrappers !

Lemme thank you again for your patience and support.

Ajay Nair
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

You are welcome :)

Vladimir

0 Kudos
stevewidg
Beginner
Hello Vladimir, Prodigyaj sort of hijacked my original post, but doesnt really matter as I have same problem cpp or VB. It is down entirely to my lack of knowledge I accept this, but is there anywhere that can explain to me how to use the IPP with a project in eiither VB or C from within the visual studio IDE. I looked at the PDF document that came in the vbnet folder, but could not see the code there in the example. I did have problem with the makefile, probably down to not setting my environment settings correctly, but even if and when I get this sorted I dont understand how to apply this to a visual studio project. I did start out by asking for a dummies guide, but perhaps if someone could give me an answer geared for idiots I might understand it. Many thanks Steve
0 Kudos