Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Error Building Samples

Victor_Pisacane
Beginner

Link error while building samples:
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'Files.obj'

Windows7, VS2010, IPP samples.

Help appriciated.

Thanks, VJ
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I suspect you are having some file write issues. The "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" directories in Windows 7 and Windows Vista are generally restricted to read-only access for security purposes (this is a Windows feature and has nothing to do with Intel IPP). Copy the samples into a project directory in your home directory (e.g. /users/myuserid/documents/ipp-samples) and try building them from there.

Or, download the samples directly from our web site for a more complete set of samples, and run the build scripts from the command-line. Make sure you keep the "ipp-samples" part of the directory structure, this is used by the build scripts to find supporting files. Samples can be downloaded from here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-samples-license-agreement/

and:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-70-library-release-notes/

0 Kudos
Victor_Pisacane
Beginner

Thanks for reply Paul. I moved the sampled to path with no spaces on another drive where permissions should not be problem : D:\dev\Samples\IntelIpp\Samples\ipp-samples\image-processing\image-processing-functions. Then I ran VS2010 as administrator just in case. However I still get same error.

Could it be Intel IPP ComposerXE-2011 can not handle being installed in Program Files (x86)? Or do I have something wrong with evironment paths or directory settings in VS?

Let me know what to try next, thanks.

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Vitor,

Could you uploadyourbuild log file (/Debug/ippiDemo.log)or your project?

The Program Files (x86) should be work. for example, my log file has such below informations. But only Func.obj(cpp). no Files.obj. It seems not obj of the sample.

Link:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /OUT:".\Debug/ippiDemo.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\ipp\lib\ia32" /LIBPATH:\lib\ia32 /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:".\Debug\ippiDemo.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:".\Debug/ippiDemo.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE:NO /IMPLIB:".\Debug\ippiDemo.lib" /MACHINE:X86 .\Debug\ippiDemo.res
.\Debug/Demo.obj
.\Debug/demoChildFrm.obj
.\Debug/demoDoc.obj
.\Debug/mainfrm.obj
.\Debug/StdAfx.obj
.\Debug/ChildFrm.obj
.\Debug/ippiDemo.obj
.\Debug/ippiDemoDoc.obj
.\Debug/ippiDemoView.obj
.\Debug/Director.obj
.\Debug/DragDrop.obj
.\Debug/Func.obj

Regards,
Ying H.
0 Kudos
Victor_Pisacane
Beginner
This morning I went back to environment vars andVS directories in project and removed all quotes around the paths. Before I had them all like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\ipp\lib\ia32". With quotes removed and sample project not in C:\Program Files (x86) path, I got it to build. I think I added quotes to get another sample to build in VS2005. Well it is working now. Thanks for helping.
0 Kudos