Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

H.264 decoder bug when using FMO and a lossy stream

Emmanuel_W_
New Contributor I

I have been experiencing what I believe is a bug in the H.264 sample decoder with IPP 5.3 (will try 6.0 shortly).

I am trying to decode some streams encoded using different FMO configurations and some missing NALs. The type of FMO configuration doesn't seem to affect the behavior and the problem is reproducible with a simple Dispersed Format with 2 slice groups.

The decoder gets into a state shortly after parsing the first frame with a missing NAL where it believes that a frame is complete whenever it receive the first slice of the frame and skip the remaining slices. I can patch the issue by ignoring the return value ofm_pTaskSupplier->AddSource() in the H264VideoDecoder::ParseFrame loopbut this is not a satisfying solution.

To be more clear, I feed a whole frame into the ParseFrame Method but only thefirstslice is decoded.

Has anybody encountered/solve this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,
have you hada chance to try this with IPP 6.0?
Regards,
Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,
Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Emmanuel_W_
New Contributor I
Quoting - vdudnik
Hello,
Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

This bug is indeed fix in IPP 6.0.

However while testing the 6.0 version of the H.264 decoder sample we did findseveral bugswhich were not in the 5.3 code base. What is the proper way to report the issues?

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Quoting - eweber

What is the proper way to report the issues?

Please submit your findings to Intel Premier Support

Vladimir

0 Kudos