Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

How to find or build 64 bit LINUX LIPPVC.so and LIPPJ.so shared objects?

Franjk_C_
Beginner

I have an INTEL community license for Intel's Integrtaed Performance Primitives Coposer Edition for Linux which we installed yesterday using ./install.sh bash script . When I look in /opt/intel/ipp, I cannot find LIPPVC.so and lippj.so.

Where can I find the 64 bit LINUX  LIPPVC.so and shared library as well as LIPPJ.so and shared library requited to build a codec using  Intel IPP Composer Edition for 64 bit Linux?

Altenatively, where can one fiind the source code and header files as as well as CMAKE or GNU makefiles necessary to build  the 64 bit LIPPVC.so and LIPPJ.so?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Franjik, The community license affects IPP version since 9.0 ( the newest which has been released at the end of August ). Starting with Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) 9.0, we removed several function domains including Small Matrix Operations (ippMX), Realistic Rendering (ippRR), Video codecs (IPPVC) Image Compression (Jpeg, ippJP), Spiral Generated (ippGen), the Data Integrity(ippDI), Audio codecs (ippAC) and Speech codecs (ippSC). To smooth the code transition, Intel® IPP provides a separate package called "Legacy Libraries". This package is independent from Intel® IPP product and contains the major removed functions in Intel IPP 9.0 as well as the deprecated functions in previous Intel® IPP releases. This package will be released very soon and we will announce about that at the top of the IPP forum.

0 Kudos
Franjk_C_
Beginner

Good morning,

We were wonderimg where to download Inrel's Short Vector Mathematics Library for 64 bit Ubuntu Linux necessary to build an audio-video-codec shared object whose codebase is Inrtel IPP 9 and ipp-samples.8.0.0.005.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsvml
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -limf
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lirc

Thank you.

T

0 Kudos
Franjk_C_
Beginner

Hi Gennady.

Please tell us if the Intel IPP release 8.2 (Update 1) contains lippsvml.so, lippimf.so and lippirc.so which arer required to build  the 64bit LINUX IPP sample audio-video-codec shared object umc_video_dec_con.so.

If it does, please tell me how to download it for evaulatiom.

Thank you;

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

This intel compiler's shared objects but not ipp's. You may find out all of these. Please look at the  into <compiler_root>/lib/intel64/ directory for 64 bit case

0 Kudos
Franjk_C_
Beginner

Hi Gennady,

I just did a global recursive search on our Ubuntu Linux workstation beginning at the base /. and I still cannot find the Short Graphics Vector library.

Please provide an URL for me to download it and related ;ibraries.

Thank you.     

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Franjk, 

These library are there if you install Intel compiler, or installation of Intel IPP 8.2.x release . They are at the (compiler_root>/lib/intel64 folder), Intel IPP 9.0 static libraries remove the dependency of Intel compiler libraries.  Intel IPP 9.0 does not include these libraries. 

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos