Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

IPL to IPP Migration - Help required on the outdated function

S__Ganesamoorthy
Hi All, We are in the process of migrating existing IPL functions to latest IPP. But unfortunately below functions which are part of legacy IPL are not available in latest IPP. Request anyone who faced similar scenario to suggest a solution to replace/remove the below deprecated functions. In case of removal, I would like to understand the functions implemented whether have any effect. Since, it is a large project we cannot take any immediate decision. Your help much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 1. iplDeallocate 2. iplGuiBoxReport 3. iplErrorStr 4. iplRedirectError 5. iplAllocateImage 6. iplCreateImageHeader 7. iplDeleteROI 8. iplSetColorTwist 9. iplDeleteConvKernel 10. iplCreateConvKernel 11. iplSet 12. iplCopy 13. iplGrayToColor 14. iplAdd 15. iplSubtract 16. iplClose 17. iplOpen 18. iplSetBorderMode 19. iplCloneImage 20. iplRShiftS 21. iplBlur 22. iplCreateROI 23. iplConvertFromDIBSep 24. iplConvertToDIBSep 25. iplCreateConvKernelCh 26. iplDeleteConvKernelFP 27. iplCreateConvKernelFP 28. iplUserProcessPixel 29. iplConvolveSep2DFP 30. iplMalloc 31. iplFree Thanks, Ganesamoorthy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Abhinav_S_Intel

We do not support IPL anymore. Please refer to the IPP Developer Reference

https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-dev-reference-appendix-c-removed-functions-for-image-and-video-processing  ;

0 Kudos
S__Ganesamoorthy
Hi Abhinav, Thanks for your response. Could you please help and let me know any references that explains that the above said functions are deprecated and no longer available. Thank you. Regards, Ganesamoorthy S
0 Kudos
Abhinav_S_Intel

Unfortunately I don't have any references for the deprecation as IPL was deprecated about 20 years back. We only support last three releases which includes 2018.x, 2019.x and latest 2020.x version.

0 Kudos