Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 7.0 and speech recognition API

alienpenguin
Beginner
Hello, i read on IPP 7.0 release notes and this product does not support libippsr module. Is there a plan to re-add this module in a later update?
I have an application that use libippsr (Noise reduction and acoustic echo cancellation functions) from ipp 6.1, Now ipp 7.0 offer support for visual studio 2010. If i want to continue develop and update my app in the future should i still use ipp 6.1? (what about compiling with 2010 then?) is it possible to mix libippsr-6.1 with ipp 7.0?

any suggestions?

thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

I think noise reduction and acoustic echo cancelation is functionality supported by ippSC (speech coding) library which still be part of IPP 7.0 product.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can use the 6.1 library with VS 2010 -- so you do not need to upgrade IPP just because you have upgraded your Visual Studio. We are working on an app note to show how to use the IPP 6.1 speech recognition library with the 7.0 library, but this may have limitations.

0 Kudos
alienpenguin
Beginner
You are right Vladimir most of noise reduction functions are int SC not SR, although i was using also the EphraimMalah noise suppressor (which i did not mention in my previous post) :D
0 Kudos
alienpenguin
Beginner
Thanks Paul, i will be looking forward to see how to integrate it. Btw is there a reason why the SR has been discontinued? Do you know if it might reappear in some future release?
thanks
0 Kudos