Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP v5.2 Compile Problems

franknatoli
New Contributor I
Downloaded IPP v5.2 on WinXP SP2. Attemped build32.bat for audio-video-codes. Numerous compile errors. pipeline and four core directories passed. But codecavc_dec failed with:

.srcumc_avs_dec_decompressor_dec_b.cpp(252) : error C3861: 'ippiDecodeLumaBlockInter_AVS_1u16s': identifier not found
.srcumc_avs_dec_decompressor_dec_b.cpp(269) : error C3861: 'ippiDecodeChromaBlock_AVS_1u16s': identifier not found

and

.srcumc_avs_dec_decompressor_mc.cpp(169) : error C3861: 'ippiInterpolateLumaBlock_AVS_8u_P1R': identifier not found
.srcumc_avs_dec_decompressor_mc.cpp(180) : error C3861: 'ippiWeightPrediction_AVS_8u_C1R': identifier not found

and

.srcumc_avs_dec_decompressor_rec_b.cpp(34) : error C3861: 'ippiReconstructLumaInter_AVS_16s8u_C1R': identifier not found
.srcumc_avs_dec_decompressor_rec_b.cpp(50) : error C3861: 'ippiReconstructChromaInter_AVS_16s8u_C1R': identifier not found

grep-ed entire tree and could not find function definitions for any of the above.

Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

please make sure you do nottry to buildthe sample from the newest version of IPP with IPP binaries from previous release. The issue may be that the new sample relay on new functions introduced in the new IPP version.

Note, the latest available version of IPP is 5.3.1, please consider opportunity to update IPP and sample to the new version.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
franknatoli
New Contributor I
I was mistaken about the IPP version. The support.txt reads:

Please use the following information when submitting customer support requests
Package ID: w_ipp-samples_p_5.3.083
Package Contents: Intel IPP Samples for Windows*

I've done a little more digging and found that at least one of the undeclared functions does exist but in a file not referenced by any H file with prototypes.

audio-video-codescodecavs_decsrcumc_avs_dec_decompressor_dec_b.cpp references function ippiDecodeLumaBlockInter_AVS_1u16s but fails to include or declare a prototype, hence a compile time (not link time) failure.

language-interfacejavasrcvc.java (note the language mismatch, Java versus C) declares ippiDecodeLumaBlockInter_AVS_1u16s.

Curiously, language_interfacejavasrc ativejipp_vc.c references but does not include or declare a prototype for ippiDecodeLumaBlockInter_AVS_1u16s.

Can anyone identify what include file or C file declares or implements function ippiDecodeLumaBlockInter_AVS_1u16s? And this is just one of a number of undeclared and unimplemented functions apparently orphaned by the 5.3.1 IPP. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Version of IPP and samples should match. Can you please double check if you use samples and IPP for the same version.

Vladimir

0 Kudos