Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Image Resize in IPP 4.0?

quinthar
Beginner
I see the question has been asked a number of times, but is there any way to simply resize an image using IPP? This seems so basic I'm incredulous that it's not supported. I have a 32bpp RGBA image, and I want to resize it from 128x128 to 64x64. Is this possible?
I see mention of "ippiResize", but I can't find that function in any header file in IPP 4.0. Am I doing something wrong?
And I know there's the function "ippiResizeCscRotate", but I don't want to do any color conversion. Can I use this without converting colors?
Thanks!
-david
0 Kudos
7 Replies
seiji-torigoe
Beginner
ippi.h
IPPAPI(IppStatus, ippiResize_8u_AC4R, (
const Ipp8u* pSrc,
IppiSize srcSize,
int srcStep,
IppiRect srcROI,
Ipp8u* pDst,
int dstStep,
IppiSize dstRoiSize,
double xFactor,
double yFactor,
int interpolation))

Message Edited by Seiji-Torigoe on 07-13-2004 07:36 PM

0 Kudos
quinthar
Beginner
Do I have the wrong thing installed? I don't have an "ippi.h". I have:
- ipp.h
- ippAC.h
- ippdefs.h
- ippIP.h
- ippJP.h
- ippSC.h
- ippSP.h
- ippSR.h
- ippVC.h
I downloaded from this website yesterday. Specifically, I downloaded from the link:
The product I downloaded was "Intel Integrated Performance Primitives for Windows". I'm using the free 30-day trial installation. I did a complete install.
P39 of the "Intel Itegrated Performance Primitives on Intel Personal Internet Client Architecture Processors Reference Manual" claims "This Reference Manual and the associated software libraries comprise version 4.0 for the Intel IPP." Nowhere in the manual does it list that function.
It installs into a directory named "C:Program FilesIntelippxsc40include". The "redist.txt" file says "Intel Integrated Performance Primitives v4.0 for Windows".
Every indicator tells me I have version 4.0 of IPP installed, and I don't have that file, nor that function.
What have I done wrong? HaveI installed the wrong thing? Where do I get the right thing?
-david

Message Edited by quinthar on 07-13-2004 10:35 PM

0 Kudos
seiji-torigoe
Beginner
I installed w_ipp_ia32-itanium_4_0.exe
0 Kudos
quinthar
Beginner
Ah, perhaps that's it. I'll check that out. Thanks for your help!
-david
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
thing you installed was IPP for Xscale. If you work on IA32 or IA64 platforms you need IPP for IA.
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
quinthar
Beginner
You might be right. I installed "w_ipp_pca_4_0.exe". I'll try to track down the correct download, though I'm not sure how I got the wrong one.
-david
0 Kudos
quinthar
Beginner
Doh! I'm a dope. I downloaded the PCA version, instead of the Itanium one. I'm on track now -- thanks for your help!
-david
0 Kudos