Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Is there a 64-bit version of IPP?

fsgs
Beginner
I have IPP v6.0.1 installed on my Win Vista x64, and it works well, but as i can see, it does not use 64-bit capabilities of the system. Is there a special release for x64 architectures? Or some other related issues? Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
elhefe38
Beginner
Quoting - fsgs
I have IPP v6.0.1 installed on my Win Vista x64, and it works well, but as i can see, it does not use 64-bit capabilities of the system. Is there a special release for x64 architectures? Or some other related issues? Thanks.

You need to install the emt64 version (not the ia32).

Regards
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - elhefe38

You need to install the emt64 version (not the ia32).

Regards

If you have an Intel C++ Professional license you can install ia32 and em64t versions (includes compiler, IPP, MKL, and TBB) all from a single installer.

Peter
fsgs
Beginner
Quoting - pvonkaenel

If you have an Intel C++ Professional license you can install ia32 and em64t versions (includes compiler, IPP, MKL, and TBB) all from a single installer.

Peter

Thanks. And what is itanium version?
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - fsgs

Thanks. And what is itanium version?

I think the Itanium versions are always packaged seperately and labeled as IA-64. The acronyms get a bit confused, but as far as I can tell they look like the following:

32-bit: IA-32 or ia32
64-bit extensions:em64t, intel-64, IA32-Intel64
Itanium: IA-64

Peter