Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Is there a 64-bit version of IPP?

fsgs
Beginner
I have IPP v6.0.1 installed on my Win Vista x64, and it works well, but as i can see, it does not use 64-bit capabilities of the system. Is there a special release for x64 architectures? Or some other related issues? Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
elhefe38
Beginner
Quoting - fsgs
I have IPP v6.0.1 installed on my Win Vista x64, and it works well, but as i can see, it does not use 64-bit capabilities of the system. Is there a special release for x64 architectures? Or some other related issues? Thanks.

You need to install the emt64 version (not the ia32).

Regards
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - elhefe38

You need to install the emt64 version (not the ia32).

Regards

If you have an Intel C++ Professional license you can install ia32 and em64t versions (includes compiler, IPP, MKL, and TBB) all from a single installer.

Peter
0 Kudos
fsgs
Beginner
Quoting - pvonkaenel

If you have an Intel C++ Professional license you can install ia32 and em64t versions (includes compiler, IPP, MKL, and TBB) all from a single installer.

Peter

Thanks. And what is itanium version?
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - fsgs

Thanks. And what is itanium version?

I think the Itanium versions are always packaged seperately and labeled as IA-64. The acronyms get a bit confused, but as far as I can tell they look like the following:

32-bit: IA-32 or ia32
64-bit extensions:em64t, intel-64, IA32-Intel64
Itanium: IA-64

Peter
0 Kudos