Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

Latest IPP fails to properly load 411 JPEG when DCT scaling is applied

johnt
Beginner

Hi there,

The latest IPP code fails to properly load the following JPEG when using a DCT scaling like JD_1_4:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/tmp/ipp_fail_2.jpg

It seems like it's a problem with 411 JPEGs, as the same JPEG with 211 encoding doesn't show the problem.

I think something is wrong with the fourth h-sample when calling ppiDCTQuantInv8x8To2x2LS_JPEG_16s8u_C1R inside ReconstructMCURowBL8x8To2x2, but I'm not certain what.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
johnt
Beginner

Bump.

Is Intel IPP still supported by Intel? Is there some other avenue we should pursue for bugs?

This thread also has an open IPP bug we need help with (we got great help from Vladimir Dudnikin that thread to begin with, but that was some time ago):
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums//topic/57398

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

Sure, Intel IPP is supported by our development and technical support teams. You can submit your issue reports directly to Intel Premier Support where they will fall to our data base and will be tracked on regular base.

I'm sorry for the delay, our JPEG expert was on vacation. Now we are investigating your issue report and I'll update your with status of this soon. Thank you for your interest to Intel Integrated Performance Primitives product.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
johnt
Beginner

Thanks Valdimir.

We'll eagerly await a fix for either (or both) of the open JPEG issues we're having.

Best,
John

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi John,

I've cretated issue report for you on Intel Premier Support, so you will be notified when we find the reason and solution for that issue.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
johnt
Beginner

It looks like the code delivered in this thread also fixes this issue:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=57398#54608

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I'll check with our engineer, I thought his second fix was not integrated yet. Good if he did both at one drop.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I've check with our engineer, he confiremd that both fixes were integrated into that drop.

Vladimir

0 Kudos