Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MPEG-4 encoder problem with 320x180

ahmadkq
Beginner

Hi,

I have implementedthe MPEG-4 encoder as a Directshow filter. When the input size is 320x180, the result (I used a third-party MPEG-4 decoder) has a junk at the bottom (See the attachment bitmap). Is this a problem in the ipp code?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ahmadkq
Beginner

Sorry, Here is the attachment

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I see no attachment in your post. By the way, what IPP version did you use, what is your environment, processor. How do you link IPP dynamically or statically? Can you attach PAR file you used for encoder (or just list of parameters)?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Leonid_K_Intel
Employee
The reason could be that the height you use is not multiple of 16.
0 Kudos
Leonid_K_Intel
Employee

The reason could be that the height you use is not multiple of 16.

0 Kudos
ahmadkq
Beginner

Hi,

I am not able to attach anything. I think i have a problem in my IE.I am using 5.1 version.It seems that the problem appears only when using the dynamic libraries. Now, i am using the static libraries and the problem is notactive.But what about the height limitation? is it should be always multiple of 16?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Yes, picture dimensions should be multiple of 16, and IPP encoder do padding. On decoder side, padding should be removed (according MPEG4 standard). Do you have the same issue with IPP decoder or you only have it with your third-party decoder? Did you try other MPEG4 decoders, for example reference codec?

Vladimir

0 Kudos
ahmadkq
Beginner

Hi,

I used a third party decoder (Mainconcept decoder). As you said, the problem because the height is not multiple of 16. I changed the padType value but the problem still active but in another way. This is very important to me, i need you help. I tried to encode the same movie with the same dimension using the XVID and DIVX but the problem is not active with them. How do they fix this problem? and how can i fix this problem? do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot,

0 Kudos