Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

OMP abort: Initializing libguide.dylib, but found libguide.dylib already initialized.

Anonymous33
Beginner
I'm trying to speed up some software by using IPP. There was a good deal of JPEG decoding/encoding going on, so the first thing I did was replace the standard libjpeg with the ijg sample. That helped a good deal, and I didn't have to modify the program itself, just slide ijg into place.

Next, since there is an image re-sampling step, I added some code in the program itself, to use the ReMap function. At this point, I started getting the "OMP abort" message. What is going on here? Is the copy of libguide that libjpeg is firing up getting in the way of the copy that the application is firing up (or vice versa)? What is the solution? Is it possible to have a program using IPP and simultaneously using a dylib that uses IPP?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous33
Beginner
To answer my own question: between compiling and installing the JPEG dylib and compiling the dependent application, I had *upgraded* IPP. As a result I had two IPP versions on my machine, and the JPEG dylib was linked to the old one, while the application was linked to the new one.

Re-compiling the JPEG dylib against the new IPP has caused the error to disappear.
0 Kudos