Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Path problem

fritz_menzer
Beginner
Hello,

I encountered a very strange problem: When running my application from XCode it just stops with the following error:

dyld: Library not loaded:

/slfsajfsjgssdjf/xcjlxcflflsdjf/[...]/sldjfl/libippcp-5.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Versions/5.3.1.056/em64t/Intel_IPP
Reason: image not found

Actually it searches this dynamic library under a very long path (over 5 lines!) of which I have no idea where it comes from.

Actually I don't even know why it looks for a dynamic library because I decided to use the static library!

Does anybody know how to get rid of this problem?

Best regards,
Fritz Menzer
Audio-Visual Communications Lab
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello Fritz,

seems IPP installer did not prepare IPP binaries during install procedure by some reason. I'll escalate this issue to our installer team.

To workaround this you need to
-from command line go toIntel_IPP.frameworkfolder (it is root of your IPP install folder)
-run command./Versions/Current/tools/env/ippbind.shthis will bind IPP libraries to your particular system. Note, you should see message that binding was successful at the end

That's all,now youshould be ableto run your application.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
fritz_menzer
Beginner
Hello Vladimir,

thank you very much for your response. I ran this script, but I still get this strange error. For you information, I am using IPP version 5.3.1.056 and gcc 4.0. The intel C compiler is also installed (version 10.1.006), but I cannot use it since it does not compile objective-C.

I also tried to compile the ippiDemo as explained in this thread: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums//topic/50291 and I get the same error. The file that is looked for, libippcp-5.3.dylib, doesn't seem to exist on my computer. Should it be part of the distribution of IPP or not?

Best regards,
Fritz
0 Kudos
fritz_menzer
Beginner
Ok, I managed to get it to run now, but it's a hack.

Here's how I did it:
cd /Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Versions/5.3.1.056/ia32/Libraries/
ln -s libimf.dylib libippcp-5.3.dylib

It seems like it's enough to just call any library "libippcp-5.3.dylib". :-D

At least to make it run in XCode. To run the program stand-alone, I made a little shell script called "run.command" (the .command extension makes it runnable from the Finder) with the following content:

#!/bin/bash

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Versions/5.3.1.056/ia32/Libraries/ open ~/Desktop/BRIR/build/Release/BRIR.app/

Well what would still interest me is how to get a program linked with IPP to run properly without having to do strange things... :-D

Best regards,
Fritz
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello Fritz,

I've created issue report on Intel Premier Support for you regarding this issue. You will be informed when update available

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
andrewop_p_
Beginner

Hello

you are welcome

you can solve your path problem having used long path tool.

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello Andrewop P.

Thank you for reply the issue.   I saw it is related  to IPP 5.3 , 2007, not sure if the problem has been fix or not  as we change dand rebuilt the IPP library and it's install model (path) over years. IPP was integrated to Parallel Composer XE for Mac product (current version 2015).  You are welcomed to try it and let us know if any issues.  The install package can be downloaded from https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/register.aspx  as before. 

Thanks

Ying 

0 Kudos