Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

RE: umc_socket_reader.h

pushkar_p
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using IPP sample source code (ver 5.3) to decode a MPEGTS stream. I've got it working for a .ts file, but now I need to read a TS stream from the network. Is there an implementation of DataReader interface for network reading. I went to the umc_readers.h and saw the following code (which is disabled since UMC_ENABLE_SOCKET_READER is not defined).

#if defined (UMC_ENABLE_SOCKET_READER)
#include "umc_socket_reader.h"
#endif

But I can't find the umc_socket_reader.h. Am I missing something or is this just supposed to be a placeholder for actual implementation by the developer?

Thanks,

Pushkar

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

We do not have implementation of socket reader and there is no short term plans to work on that. So it is up to you to implement it.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
pushkar_p
Beginner

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks, just wanted to confirm before proceeding with my own implementation.

pushkar

0 Kudos
gossamer
Beginner
Hi Pushkar,

Did you implement your socketreader class ? Currently i'm working on same thing. I have few questions regarding socket implementation. How big buffer did you use for saving streams, did you use threading for stream reading ? I was thinking of initializing thread from SocketReader::Init function which will get stream and put it into a memory stack and than in ::CacheData and ::ReadData copy chunks of memory to data pointer and clear it from memory.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Sven
0 Kudos
pushkar_p
Beginner

Hello Sven,

Yes I have implemented my own SocketReader class. I spawn the stream reader thread from Init method and use a 10 MB buffer.

The reason for choosing 10 MB is quite arbitary, I just wanted to buffer 2-3 secs of data. You are pretty much on the right track.

However, I see a few artifacts in the video which I suspect is due to my buggy implementation of CSocketReader.

Please let me know if you want to see my code and I can mail it to you.

0 Kudos