Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

UMC libraries for AAC Encoder and support for Constant Bit Rate Mode

Jay_V_
Beginner

Helllo,

I have question regarding the Bit rate Mode for AAC Encoder. I am trying to encode the audio file using UMC::AAC_Encoder and I am looking for a way to encoder it in a Constant Bit Rate mode.Currently, it is encoding in a Variable Bit Rate Mode as default, but I looked around UMC manual and there is no parameter declared in AAC encoder that can control the bit rate mode to constant or variable. So my question is does Intel libraries support Constant Bit Rate mode for AAC encoding ? If it does then how to do it.

I know for MP3 there is a parameter called mode which can be assigned by using MP3EncodeParams.mode = "0" or "1", but couldnt find the similar thing in AAC.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello, 

Have you got a chance to check the Intel media SDK product: 
https://software.intel.com/forums/intel-media-sdk

For the codec functions, it is supported by the Intel  media SDK.  The UMC sample code is legacy, and it is not support by Intel IPP.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Jay_V_
Beginner

Hi, thanks for clarification regarding bit rate modes. I have one more question regarding AAC integer version transcoder. I am unable to play the audio files in vlc and google chrome using AAC integer encoder for mono channel. But I can play the files using AAC floating point encoder. So, I would like to know is there any limitation for mono channels when using AAC integer encoder ?

I can play the stereo files too using AAC integer encoder, it just mono files cant be played properly.

Thanks,

Jay.

0 Kudos