Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

Unable to find ippi, ippcore, guide etc. libs in Mac evaluation version

Duncan_Mortimer
Beginner

Hi,

I recently downloaded the Intel compiler professional edition and redistributable libraries for mac to evaluate. However, as far as I can tell, these do not include the libraries required for dynamic linking: ippi ippcore guide (plus others; all .lib?)

The contents of my IPPROOT directory are:

Documentation Headers Intel_IPP Libraries Resources bin include lib tools

i.e. there is no "Versions" directory, nor "stublib".

Can anyone tell me where these libraries are located, or where I can get them from?

thanks very much for your help,

regards,

Duncan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

To know information about IPP version in the Intel Compiler Professional Edition, refer to below article:-

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/which-version-of-ipp--mkl--tbb-is-installed-with-intel-compiler-professional-edition/

IPP linking libraries are located in the following directories,

o /opt/intel/Compiler/11.x/0xx/Frameworks/ipp/Libraries (for dynamic linking) or

o /opt/intel/Compiler/11.x/0xx/Frameworks/ipp/lib (for static linking)

To know more information about usage of lib, refer to below article

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-for-mac-os-how-to-link-to-the-intel-ipp-for-mac-os-x-libraries-in-application/

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Duncan_Mortimer
Beginner

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your reply. I've actually looked at those pages in the past --- in particular, the last one indicates that if I want to use dynamic linking in my application, I need to source

32-bit:source /$(IPPROOT)/Versions/6.x.x/ia32/tools/env/ippvars.sh

or

64-bit:source /$(IPPROOT)/Versions/6.x.x/em64t/tools/env/ippvarsemm64t.sh

in order to add the dynamic library directory to my path (where $IPPROOT is /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/080 on my system). However, neither of these files (and indeed, the entire "Versions" subdirectory) exist in my installation.

Also, neither of the library directories listed (/$(IPPROOT)/lib and /$(IPPROOT)/Libraries) contain theippi, ippcore, and guide libraries. As a result, any attempts by me to compile and link based on:

gcc test.c -I/$(IPPROOT)/Headers -L/$(IPPROOT)/Libraries -lippi -lippcore -lguide -o test

fail to work.

Do you know whether these libraries are supposed to be available in the evaluation license of the IPP (for mac...) or not? If so, do you have any idea where I can get a hold of them?

regards,

Duncan

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Duncan,

You are using Intel Compiler Professional Edition. The structure is a bit different with previous stand alone IPP package:

You need to source:

> source /$(IPPROOT)/tools/env/ippvars.sh

or > source /$(IPPROOT)/tools/env/ippvarsemm64t.sh

(not /$(IPPROOT)/Versions/6.x.x/ia32/tools/env/ippvars.sh)

IPPROOT is the following:

> export IPPROOT=/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/080/Frameworks/ipp

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos