Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Video Generation from image and voice

Manjula_Reddy
Beginner
I wantt o know how can create a video file (WMV) from images file series, let's say i have 5 or 10 files and i wantto WMV file presenting the 10 images with voice?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

I think you needs to have an encoder to encode the imagers to some video format, and one WMV muxer to put video and audio data together. Currently, the UMC sample code at the IPP does not provide support the WMV muxer, but it provides some encoder that could be used to encode the video data.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Manjula_Reddy
Beginner
Hi Chao,

Here I want to capture the desktop every second and write this captured buffer data to the video file directly. I do not want to create an image first and then convert these images to video as this take more time in convertion.

Are all the codecs provided in IPPSamples are image to video convertion?
Let me know if UMC has some sample for my requirement.
0 Kudos
Manjula_Reddy
Beginner
Any Update Please...?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

Actually, the UMC sample is not such high sample. You can feed some YUV data into UMC encoder, and the encoder can help you encode them into the some video file. But note, the gap here is that if you want to get WMV format video, it also need a WMV muxer. Currently, the UMC sample does not support on that. The UMC encoder can create some raw format video.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos