Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

decode MPEG-4 to a specified buffer

bendeguy
Beginner
Hi!

I would like to decode an MPEG-4 stream and render it to an RGB24 buffer. The buffer pointer comes from an outer source. Can anyone explain the correct way of doing this with UMC 5.3? I have some problems with understanding the steps of the process.
First I initialize the decoder, and I specify a VideoProcessing instance as pPostProcessing. The VideoProcessing instance has been inited with a VideoProcessingParams instane (InterpolationMethod = IPPI_INTER_LINEAR, m_DeinterlacingMethod = UMC::NO_DEINTERLACING and source crop area set to the whole picture).
I get MPEG-4 data from an outer source as a pointer and length parameter. I set the input MediaData's buffer pointer to this data. I also have a pointer to an output buffer and I set the output VideoData's pointer to this pointer . I specify the resolution and thecolor format(RGB24) for the VideoData buffer, before decode. Can I use this code without renderer?If yes, can you specify exactly how to do this? If not can you explain how can I use the renderer for this purpose?

Best Regards,
Miki

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bendeguy
Beginner
I found FrankNatoli's solution for this case. It works well.
Regards,
Miki
0 Kudos
lycono
Beginner
Care to post a link to this information?
0 Kudos
bendeguy
Beginner
0 Kudos