Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

how to use IPP with opencv

kiran_s_
Beginner

hi guys,

i have intel cluster studio 2013 and redhat OS with 2 computenode having one intel mic card and one gpu (NVIDIA k20x). i tried so many ways to install opencv in masternode but i enable to proceed please do you have any idea about how to install opencv using intel parallel complier

please help me 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Before going to IPP specifics, were you able to install OpenCV at all ? Did you try to post the question on OpenCV forum ?

0 Kudos
kiran_s_
Beginner

yah, i have been posted  their site but its still waiting for moderation to post ... if anybody have any idea how to install opencv using intel compilers ... i have tried opencv-2.4.9 from source code.as mentioned in installation documentation we have to make directory release 

mkdir release 

cd release 

cmake ..... 

but after cmake command it shown me me release direcory found.

do u have any idea to install 

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Try "cmake -i" (interactive mode), or run GUI-based CMake application. You need to start cmake from "opencv/sources" directory where CMakeLists.txt file is located. But, again this is not IPP question )).

0 Kudos
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

IPP needs to be enabled by typing 'cmake -D WITH_IPP=ON . ' did you try that?

0 Kudos
Tushar_Kachhadiya

Hello,

I'm trying to compile new stable OpenCV 3.0 on Windows 7 x64 with TBB 4.3, IPP, that comes with OpenCV 3.0. I use MinGW 4.8.1 x64.

It make stops with error on 50% with this message: ld.exe: cannot find -lRunTmChk If I uncheck WITH_IPP everything is OK. Is it possible to build OpenCV 3.0 with MinGW and IPP?

Thank you

Tushar Kachhadiya

0 Kudos