Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ippSR domain removed from IPP7.0?

Arrowood__Jon_A
Beginner
Glancing at the release notes for IPP7.0 beta update 3, it says "The speech recognition functions (ippSR domain) are not part of this release; this domain will continue to be supported in the IPP 6.1 product."

So are these just not a part of the beta, or are they out of the product line entirely?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
The speech recognition domain has been removed from the 7.0 product. It will continue to be supported in the 6.1 product.

Are you able to provide a list of the SR functions that you use as part of your product?
0 Kudos
Arrowood__Jon_A
Beginner
Not too much, actually.

- CopyWithPadding (obviously we can work around this one, but it was a handy one-liner!)
- LogSum (would like to have)
- The gaussian scoring would also be useful, else we were going to roll our own with AVX intrinsics.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Jon,

Thanks for the feedback, it has been provided to our engineering group for consideration in future editions.

Paul
0 Kudos
dpinol
Beginner

Are there plans to support again the speech recognition domain? We were using the functions below. thanks

ippsUpdateNoisePSDMCRA_32f_I

ippsLinearToMel_32f

ippsFilterUpdateWiener_32s

ippsFilterUpdateEMNS_32s

0 Kudos
adell__jordi
Beginner

I also wonder about the Voice Enhancement functions decribed in th IPP 7.0 Manual. THe havae noise estimation and filter adaptation but it is not stated in the manual which algorithm actually they implement. Is there a document where I could get this information?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Are there plans to support again the speech recognition domain?.. >> >>...I also wonder about the Voice Enhancement functions decribed in th IPP 7.0 Manual... IPP supports static linking and you can use it to create your own custom library for static or dynamic linking with a set of functions which will be removed. If you follow that path that custom library could be used in your applications. Also, take into account that several versions of IPP could co-exist on a system ( that was already shortly discussed during last a couple weeks ).
0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Sergey,

there is no suitable universal approach how to link together 7.1(7.0) and 6.1 versions. Only some "hack" methods are applicable that can't be reccomended as general solution. So in general the latest IPP versions are incompatible with 6.1.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos