Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ippsCopySign

Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

I can't find an ippsCopySign function, corresponding to the copySign function, defined in sections 5.5.1 and 6.3 of the IEE-754.2008 standard. Neither did I find such a function in MKL. Apple Accelerate however has vvcopysignvvcopysignfvcopysignf and vsignbitf.

With a copySign function in place, other functions can subsequently be implemented in application code, like a signed power and other functions. So, copySign is really a required base function.

Regards,

Adriaan van  Os

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

you need to submit the feature request to the intel online service center and describe there the priority of this request for your application.

0 Kudos
Adriaan_van_Os
New Contributor I

The priority is zero, as I can use Apple Accelerate for the purpose. But I still feel this is a base-function that shouldn't be missing. And I feel that missing functions could be discussed in public, rather than by a private service request.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

This is the very first similar request we see. We will see how many similar requests would be requested to start a discussion about the necessity of further steps.

0 Kudos