Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

linking a shared library using ippi for linux

liorda
Beginner
Hi
My c++ code is built as a shared library (by gcc4), and it uses one of ippi's functions. I don't want to dynamically link it against ipp, since i'll probably need to install my result .so file on other computers.

I didn't understand from the sample code and makefile if it is possible to create a stub from lib*merged.a that later will be linked statically to an shared library.

I'll love to hear any suggestions.
Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

If I understand you correctly, you want to build shared library from your code which is based on IPP. And youwant to link this shared library with IPP static libraries, that's correct?

If so, you may want to take a look on IPP-IJG sample in image-codecs folder, which build jpeglib shared library which optionally may be linked with static IPP libraries

Regards,
Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

If I understand you correctly, you want to build shared library from your code which is based on IPP. And youwant to link this shared library with IPP static libraries, that's correct?

If so, you may want to take a look on IPP-IJG sample in image-codecs folder, which build jpeglib shared library which optionally may be linked with static IPP libraries

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos