Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

voice files of echo cancellation

guoxu__chen
Beginner

Hi everyone,

The input to the echo cancellation sample is supported to three files as command-line arguments. i.e. usc_ec [options] .
Who can get me the files of rin-PCMFile/sin-PCMFile?
My email: xin2007@hotmail.com
Thank you!

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ivan_Ryzhachkin__Int
New Contributor I

Hi Jason,
the files attached are 8 kHz PCM. It's a simple example. The command line is as following:

usc_ec.exe -nlp 3 -cng 0 -a sb -l 16 speech-rin.pcm speech-sin.pcm sout_16_sb.pcm

To create the own natural one any file (rin) could be played and the one captured would be sin.

An artificial example of sin file could be created by the following way:
- any file (rin) should be lowered by 6dB at least
-optionally added with noise ( distortion not desirable)
-optionallydelayed (addsome space at the beginning).
regards,
Ivan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
guoxu__chen
Beginner
I made the voice files by Cool Edit Pro, But the result was far from the expected value. Theoutput ofsout-PCMFile was cacophony. Can any help me?

Jason
0 Kudos
Ivan_Ryzhachkin__Int
New Contributor I

Hi Jason,
the files attached are 8 kHz PCM. It's a simple example. The command line is as following:

usc_ec.exe -nlp 3 -cng 0 -a sb -l 16 speech-rin.pcm speech-sin.pcm sout_16_sb.pcm

To create the own natural one any file (rin) could be played and the one captured would be sin.

An artificial example of sin file could be created by the following way:
- any file (rin) should be lowered by 6dB at least
-optionally added with noise ( distortion not desirable)
-optionallydelayed (addsome space at the beginning).
regards,
Ivan

0 Kudos
guoxu__chen
Beginner
Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Usingattached files, it runs very well.
I change the tail length to"-l 128", then the output is very similar. In theory,as bigger tail length as possible, the effect ofcancelling echois better. The scope ofthe taillength is 0~200.ShallI modify source coding to support 256 ofthe maxtail length? In fact, Howto selectsuitable tail length?
another probrem, How to calculate the delay? The command line said "-delay ?". If receiving rin_pcm voice stream and sin_pcm voice stream from outside, We don't know the delay. For example, applied to G.168 tele-communication system. Thank you!

best wishes,
Jason
0 Kudos
Ivan_Ryzhachkin__Int
New Contributor I
Hi Jason,

- "The longer - the better" in practice not always good. I sawworse results oftenly.
+ The long tail requireslonger adaptive filter andmore computations as well. I used to choose it experimentally (the best over 16,32,...).

- I used to define thedelay valuewithAdobe Audition. Better to use any short sound (sayknock) at the beginning of rin. The delay is the difference in offset of the knock from the beginnings of rin and sin. The value could be defined once for the hw/sw configuration.

regards,
Ivan
0 Kudos