Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

which libraries to include in matrix multiplication program

prakrati
Beginner
Well,I am writing a matrix matrix multiplication program using ipp libraries but i dont know which libraries are to be linked at runtime .Please help
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

thanks for your interest to Intel IPP product.
I would recomend you to check IPP Reference Manual, volume 3, Small Matrices and Realistic Rendering, for more details on relevant functions.

For example, Multiply matrix-matrix operations supported in IPP are(you may find more operations in IPP document):

Case 13: Matrix - matrix operation

IppStatus ippmMul_mm_32f(const Ipp32f* pSrc1, int src1Stride1, int src1Stride2, int src1Width, int src1Height, const Ipp32f* pSrc2, int src2Stride1, int src2Stride2, int src2Width, int src2Height, Ipp32f* pDst, int dstStride1, int dstStride2);

IppStatus ippmMul_mm_64f(const Ipp64f* pSrc1, int src1Stride1, int src1Stride2, int src1Width, int src1Height, const Ipp64f* pSrc2, int src2Stride1, int src2Stride2, int src2Width, int src2Height, Ipp64f* pDst, int dstStride1, int dstStride2);

IppStatus ippmMul_mm_32f_P(const Ipp32f** ppSrc1, int src1RoiShift, int src1Width, int src1Height, const Ipp32f** ppSrc2, int src2RoiShift, int src2Width, int src2Height, Ipp32f** ppDst, int dstRoiShift);

IppStatus ippmMul_mm_64f_P(const Ipp64f** ppSrc1, int src1RoiShift, int src1Width, int src1Height, const Ipp64f** ppSrc2, int src2RoiShift, int src2Width, int src2Height, Ipp64f** ppDst, int dstRoiShift);

IPP library you need to link with is ippm.lib (and header file is ippm.h).

Please also note that in IPP we provide optimization for special case of small matrix sizes (like 3x3, 5x5, 7x7, 9x9, 11x11). In case you work with matrices of bigger size I would recomend you to take a look at Intel Math Kernel library (Intel MKL), which provides optimization for big matrices.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

prakrati,
could you please look at this KB article:"Building apllication Using IPP v 5* and v.6*". You can find there the list of libraries you need tol link depend of linking mode...
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
forget to add, in the case if you use IPP 7.0 beta version, please look at this KB, which will help you to understand which libraries you will need to link with 7.0 beta.
0 Kudos